Muzzle Magazine publishes poetry and book reviews. We consider poetry submissions through Submittable. Click here to submit your work. Please send 3-5 poems at a time. Include all poems in one DOC or PDF file. Make sure that your name does not appear anywhere in the document or submission title; our editors like to view submissions anonymously.
We are unable to respond to submissions sent by email. Only previously unpublished work will be considered for publication. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. Muzzle publishes two issues each year.
We are open for submissions twice annually:
- June 15th - August 1st
- December 15th - February 1st
Terms and Conditions:
- Muzzle Magazine does not accept previously published work.
- You are giving permission to Muzzle Magazine to publish your work online in perpetuity.
- You will retain all ownership rights to the copyrights to your work.
- Artists should be paid for their labor. We wish we could pay you, but we cannot.
- All published work will be copy-edited.
- Should your work be presented elsewhere, subsequent to appearing in Muzzle Magazine, please mention that it appeared here first.