Muzzle Magazine publishes poetry and book reviews. We consider poetry submissions through Submittable. Click here to submit your work. Please send 3-5 poems at a time. Include all poems in one DOC or PDF file. Make sure that your name does not appear anywhere in the document or submission title; our editors like to view submissions anonymously. Note: If your submission contains sensitive material, please include a brief content warning ("CW: ________") on the first page of your poem packet indicating as such.
We are unable to respond to submissions sent by email. Only previously unpublished work will be considered for publication. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. Muzzle publishes two issues each year.
We are open for submissions twice annually. However, please note that we will not be open for our winter submission period in 2020-2021. We will reopen for submissions in June 2021.
- June 15th - July 15th
- December 15th - January 15th
Terms and Conditions:
- Muzzle Magazine does not accept previously published work.
- You are giving permission to Muzzle Magazine to publish your work online in perpetuity.
- You will retain all ownership rights to the copyrights to your work.
- All published work will be copy-edited.
- While we are unable to pay contributors currently, this is something we are working towards for the future.
- After appearing in Muzzle, should your work be reprinted elsewhere, please mention that it appeared here first. Please also let us know by filling out this form so that we can shout out your success on our website and social media!