Muzzle Magazine publishes poetry, visual art, interviews, book reviews, and performance reviews. We are currently open to submissions in all categories. Please use our online submissions form:
Non-Themed Fall 2014 August 1, 2014
Mental Health Issue November 1, 2014
(Guest Edited by Rachel McKibbens)
Only previously unpublished work will be considered for publication. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. Please include a 50-100 word bio in the "Cover Letter / Biography" field of the online submissions form.
For questions about submissions, please email: email@example.com (submissions sent via email will no longer be considered as of 1/16/2011; submissions must be sent via our online submissions form).
- Poetry Submissions
Additionally, please make sure your name does not appear anywhere
in the document or submission title; our editors like to view submissions blindly.
Upon acceptance of poetry submissions, poets will be invited to send audio
recordings of their work.
- Visual Art Submissions
than 5 pieces in one submission. In the file name for each piece, please
include the title of the piece (ex: Alight.jpeg).
as a PDF or DOC file.
books published within the past 2 years. Performance Reviews should be of
poetry performances that occurred within the past 6 months. Each review
must be attached as a PDF or DOC file.
- Want a Muzzle Editor to Review Your Poetry Book?
ICO Stevie Edwards
312 N. Geneva Street, #5
Ithaca, NY 14850
PDF's for pre-release books may also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that sending your manuscript does not guarantee it will be reviewed.
Terms and Conditions:
- Muzzle Magazine does not accept previously published work.
- You are giving permission to Muzzle Magazine to publish your work online in perpetuity.
- You will retain all ownership rights to the copyrights to your work.
- Artists should be paid for their labor. We wish we could pay you. We cannot pay you.
- All published work will be copy-edited.
- Should your work be presented elsewhere, subsequent to appearing in Muzzle Magazine, please mention that it appeared here first.