Muzzle Magazine publishes poetry, visual art, interviews, book reviews, and performance reviews. We are currently open to submissions in all categories. Please use our online submissions form:
Only previously unpublished work will be considered for publication. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. Please include a 50-100 word bio in the "Cover Letter / Biography" field of the online submissions form.
For questions about submissions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org (submissions sent via email will no longer be considered as of 1/16/2011; submissions must be sent via our online submissions form).
- Poetry Submissions
Additionally, please make sure your name does not appear anywhere
in the document or submission title; our editors like to view submissions blindly.
Upon acceptance of poetry submissions, poets will be invited to send audio
recordings of their work.
- Visual Art Submissions
than 5 pieces in one submission. In the file name for each piece, please
include the title of the piece (ex: Alight.jpeg).
as a PDF or DOC file.
books published within the past 2 years. Performance Reviews should be of
poetry performances that occurred within the past 6 months. Each review
must be attached as a PDF or DOC file.
- Want a Muzzle Editor to Review Your Poetry Book?
ICO Stevie Edwards
312 N. Geneva Street, #5
Ithaca, NY 14850
PDF's for pre-release books may also be sent via email to email@example.com.
Please note that sending your manuscript does not guarantee it will be reviewed.
Terms and Conditions:
- Muzzle Magazine does not accept previously published work.
- You are giving permission to Muzzle Magazine to publish your work online in perpetuity.
- You will retain all ownership rights to the copyrights to your work.
- Artists should be paid for their labor. We wish we could pay you. We cannot pay you.
- All published work will be copy-edited.
- Should your work be presented elsewhere, subsequent to appearing in Muzzle Magazine, please mention that it appeared here first.